Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls (aka Melt in your Mouth Heart Attacks)

Seriously, from dough, to filling, to frosting, this recipe took 7 STICKS of butter!

Ready for the oven


I recently lost 12 pounds on my mission to shed 40 and I'm convinced that just ONE of these cinnamon rolls would put all 12 of those pounds and then some right back on me. That's why I repeat this mantra when I look at them...



Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1 cup butter, melted
1 Tablespoon salt
5 eggs
½ cup milk
2 Tablespoons yeast
2 and ½ cup warm water
12 cups flour

Filling:
1 and ½ cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon (I doubled that)
2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
2 Tablespoons water

For Dough: Dissolve yeast in warm water. 



Mix sugar, salt and butter. Add eggs and milk and beat well. 

 

Add yeast mixture; mix in flour. Knead to make smooth elastic dough. 



Let rise until double. 



Divide dough in half. 



Roll one half into a rectangle ¼ inch thick. 

My little helper




Cover with filling. 




Roll up (starting with long edge) and slice into 1 inch rolls. 



Put a little filling into the pans and place rolls in pan.








 Let rise again. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

The two in the back are covered with cream cheese frosting and the two in front are covered with caramel frosting


Cream Cheese Frosting

4 cups powdered sugar
4 ounces cream cheese
½ cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3-4 Tablespoons milk

Mix all ingredients together and frost cooled cinnamon rolls.

1 comment: