Saturday, July 7, 2012

Iced Green Tea

I'm a big fan of green tea. Hot or cold, I have developed a taste for this stuff. I drink several cups a day. Instead of buying bottled green tea, I make my own. One box of 24 family-sized tea bags (I prefer Luzianne decaffeinated) makes 6 gallons equal to 48 16oz bottles of bought tea. Much cheaper and tastier in my opinion. I don't care for sweet drinks so it is always unsweetened for me, but if you must have it sweet, choose an all-natural sweetener and add just enough to make it tolerable for you. I use 2 tea bags for a half-gallon as the box suggests and brew for a good 30 minutes. If you use a lot of ice, use 3 tea bags. Add water and ice to fill up the pitcher and add a sliced fresh lemon or lime. Makes a refreshing summertime drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment