Sunday, January 6, 2013

Quick Easy Quesadillas

Quesadillas are one of my favorite foods fast. When you make them at home, you can "healthify" them to your liking. I always start with the basic whole wheat tortilla and cheese and "build" from there. Use your imagination and your family's favorite ingredients to make your own.



To make one quesadilla, I take two whole wheat tortillas.

I pour a teaspoon or so of any flavor of Wildtree Grapeseed Oil in a cold skillet. (You can use butter instead and just butter one side of each tortilla.)

I rub one side of each tortilla in the Grapeseed oil, leaving one in the pan.

Turn skillet on to medium heat.

I add cheese and whatever other ingredients I have on hand. (Our son prefers cheese only.)

In this one, I took leftover pork loin and tore it into small pieces.



I sauteed green onions and mushrooms and placed them into the tortilla in the skillet.

Sauteed green onions, mushrooms and leftover pork loin ready for the tortilla
 
I sprinkle lightly with Wildtree's California Style Garlic and Pepper Blend.

I then added shredded cheddar cheese and placed the second tortilla on top, turning it once the one on the bottom had browned nicely.





Transfer from skillet onto plate or cutting board. Use a pizza cutter to slice into wedges.




I served these with sour cream mixed with Wildtree's Garlic and Herb Blend. You can use your favorite dip or they are great as is.



1 comment:

  1. My family loves Wildtree chicken quesadillas! :) So easy to make and so yummy to eat.

    Thanks for introducing me to Sparkpeople; awsome site. I have lost 2 lbs so far and my family has jumped on board the healthy eating train. :)

    Christy

    ReplyDelete