Thursday, January 31, 2013

Beef Stroganoff

I vary this recipe to our liking. (This recipe comes from a Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.) This is one of those comfort foods that I can only make on occasion, because I have a hard time not eating the entire dish. I love eating fresh-sliced garden tomatoes with this dish. Almost doesn't seem complete without them on the side. This dish is SO YUMMY and so easy to make.

Beef Stroganoff
4 servings

1 pound lean ground beef (or 12 ounces boneless beef sirloin steak) I use ground beef
8 ounces sour cream or Greek Yogurt
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup water
Dash of black pepper (I use Wildtree's Rancher Steak Rub)
2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules (I use Wildtree's beef bouillon soup base)
2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons butter (I use Wildtree's Natural Butter Flavored Grapeseed Oil)

You can also add a packet of Ranch dressing mix for extra flavor. I add a dash of Wildtree's dill dip blend, a dash of Wildtree's Absolutely onion blend, and a dash of Wildtree's California Style Garlic and Pepper Blend in place of ranch seasoning.
 
2 cups hot cooked noodles/macaroni/or rice to serve over

(I start cooking my noodles or rice before I start making the stroganoff so they are ready about the same time.)

Method: Brown ground beef (or sliced sirloin), mushrooms, onions and garlic in skillet with butter or grapeseed oil. Cook for 5 minutes or until meat is cooked through. Drain off fat if desired.

In small bowl, combine sour cream OR Greek Yogurt, flour, 1/2 cup water, beef bouillon granules and black pepper or Steak Rub

Add sour cream mixture to skillet with meat mixture and combine thoroughly. Cook until bubbly. 
Serve over hot cooked noodles/macaroni/or rice.  

Ground Beef Stroganoff served over hot cooked whole wheat macaroni
 

 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment