Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Lavendar Heart Cookies

I got this recipe from "The Great Big Cookie Book," by Hilaire Walden. I made them for my friend and former co-worker, Florence, when she came to my house for tea. They were beyond delicious! I will definitely be making them again... and again and again!




 Lavender Heart Cookies
Makes 16-18

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter (I ended up having to add another Tablespoon or so to get the dough to stick together.)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1&1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons fresh lavender florets or 1 Tablespoon dried culinary lavender, roughly chopped
2 Tablespoons superfine sugar for sprinkling (I used regular granulated sugar)

Method: Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in the flour and lavender and bring the mixture together in a soft ball. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and stamp out heart cookies using a 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on heavy baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, until golden.

After removing from oven, sprinkle with sugar then leave the cookies standing for 5 minutes to set. Using a metal spatula, transfer carefully to wire rack. Cool completely. Can be stored in airtight container for up to one week.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment