Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wyoming Bars

I just tried these for the first time and they were a big hit. I think these are a good compromise for something sweet but not to unhealthy. I will use them for packing lunches.

I got the recipe from A+ Recipes from Hickory Hollow School.

Wyoming Bars

2/3 cup butter
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups peanut butter (I used sunflower seed butter)
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
6 cups rolled (old fashioned) oats
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

I also added
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

In large saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Blend in sugars, peanut butter and eggs. Mix until smooth. Cool. Add remaining ingredients. Dough will be somewhat sticky. Press into greased jelly roll pan (I use coconut oil to grease most of my pans.) Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.











No comments:

Post a Comment