Friday, August 16, 2013

Basil Parmesan Chicken Salad

I am always looking for new ways to make an ordinary dish into something spectacular. For me, this one was a real winner! These ingredients are approximate, so increase or decrease to taste and desired consistency.

Basil Parmesan Chicken Salad

3 cups cooked, diced/shredded chicken
About 2 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves (more or less to taste), plus 1 Tablespoon water to process
1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup mayonnaise (more if needed)
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Dash of salt and pepper (I used Wildtree's Rancher Steak Rub

Method: Place diced chicken in a medium mixing bowl. Process basil leaves and just enough water to mince in a blender or smoothie maker. Process until very finely chopped, but not pureed. Pour onto chicken and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well and refrigerate for an hour or more. Garnish with a sprig of fresh basil. Serve on Italian Herb Bread.

(For the bread, I made my favorite whole wheat recipe and shaped 2/3 of it into a regular loaf and made a disc with the remaining 1/3. I placed the disc in a greased round cake pan and brushed the top with Wildtree's Basil Pesto Grapeseed Oil and sprinkled with Wildtree's Tuscany Bread Dipper Seasoning. Then I cut it into triangles to serve with the chicken salad. It was scrumptious!!!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment