Saturday, September 15, 2012

Lemon Ginger Honey Tea (Immune support and cold assist)

We've already experienced our first colds of the season at the Harlow Homestead. I've made several rounds of this tea. I enjoy it, but it takes lots of encouragement to get the rest of the family to drink it. Adjust ingredients to desired strength/taste. You only need three ingredients. Fresh Ginger Root, Honey and Fresh Lemon.

Grate about 1 inch of the ginger root. (I keep one in the freezer.) A micro-planer works well for grating this.
Juice one lemon (I also use the micro-planer and add a little lemon zest.)
Honey to taste.

Boil water. Meanwhile, put the grated ginger, juice of lemon and honey into a thermos. Add boiling water and steep for about 20 minutes. Pour through strainer into cup. Enjoy (or according to my husband, tolerate.) The original recipe came from this link.



No comments:

Post a Comment