Sunday, October 7, 2012

Roasted Cauliflower

This makes a delicious side dish and the leftovers make an excellent addition to a toss salad. I couldn't find my photo of the cauliflower in the pan or plate, but I have included one of the leftovers on a toss salad.This recipe is easily doubled for "leftovers on purpose." I got the original recipe here.

1 head cauliflower
2-3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
Lemon juice from half a lemon
Grapeseed Oil (or oil of your choice)
Coarse ground salt and pepper (I use Wildtree Rancher Steak Rub)
Parmesan cheese (I skipped this because I didn't have any on hand, but know it would be a tasty addition!)

Method: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut cauliflower into florets and place single-layer into oven-proof baking dish. Toss the minced garlic and salt and pepper or steak rub in with cauliflower florets. Squeeze lemon juice over top and drizzle with Grapeseed oil.

Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until cauliflower is fork-tender and cauliflower tops are lightly browned. Remove from over. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (if using) and serve immediately.

Well, I thought I had a photo of the roasted cauliflower, but here it is as leftovers on top of a salad.



No comments:

Post a Comment