Monday, July 12, 2010

English Carrots

I will post the recipe from the cookbook then add my Wildtree modifications.

English Carrots

4&1/2 cups (1&1/2 pounds) sliced carrots
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons chopped onion
2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash of pepper
1/4 cup crushed Saltine crackers (about 7)
2 teaspoons melted butter

Method: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook carrots in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Place in 1-quart casserole dish. Combine mayonnaise, onion, horseradish, salt and pepper. Mix with carrots. Mix cracker crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle on top. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes until hot. Serves 4-6.

My Modifications:
I use 1 Tablespoon chopped onion and 1 Tablespoon Wildtree's Onion and Chive Blend and 1 Tablespoon horseradish and 1 Tablespoon Wildtree's Cranberry and Horseradish Blend. It just spiffs the dish up a little bit. I often use whole wheat Saltines.

No comments:

Post a Comment